Here you will find articles and resources for helping you to improve your English skills, particularly when it comes to the IELTS test.
These includes videos and articles focusing on grammar, vocabulary, techniques and resources for practicing and improving your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills for the IELTS test.
You can find and download other English resources on the Resources page.
- How do I structure my IELTS Writing Task 2 response?The second part of the IELTS writing task 2, is one that can seem a little difficult for students to attempt. Writing a 250 word essay in 40 minutes can be a difficult task. We don’t have much time, so how should we write our answer? In order to be … Continue reading How do I structure my IELTS Writing Task 2 response?
- The Importance of PronunciationMany students studying English or preparing for IELTS have always understood the importance of pronunciation, but why is it important? Many students want to sound like a ‘native speaker’, but why is this so important? A speaker can have clear pronunciation which a native can easily understand; and still at … Continue reading The Importance of Pronunciation
- How can I get a band 7 in IELTS Writing Task 2?A lot of students really struggle to achieve a band 7 in IELTS Writing Task 2. This is due to the fact that many studnets don’t know how to properly answer the question, or do not always know how to plan effectively. To be successful involves planning properly and using … Continue reading How can I get a band 7 in IELTS Writing Task 2?
- 10 Top Tips for IELTS speaking success!When preparing for the speaking portion of the IELTS exam, it can be incredibly difficult to prepare, especially if you don’t live in an English-speaking country. However, with a little extra help, your speaking score can improve. Hopefully you find these tips useful! Tip 1: Know what to expect Familiarize … Continue reading 10 Top Tips for IELTS speaking success!
- What are Computer Based IELTS tests? | What should I expect? | A mini guide… |These days, more and more English learners are needing to take the IELTS examination to help them with international study, immigration, travel or for personal development in English. For many years IELTS has been the test of choice in order to get the required score needed, and now more there … Continue reading What are Computer Based IELTS tests? | What should I expect? | A mini guide… |